If you didn't already know, Glasgow has an incredible choice when it comes to going out for a meal. Whether it's breakfast, lunch, dinner or just for a lil cake and coffee. I have been a lot of place however I have still got a hell of a lot more restaurants and cafe's that I want to go to here. Really it should be my friend Julia writing this article as she is the real Glasgow food guru and is always giving me good food recommendations. Anyway, here are some of my favourite VEGGIE places to go (sorry meat lovers).
1) CAFE ANDALUZ - I absolutely love Spanish food and this is where I had the best tapas I have ever had. The decor is beautiful and really makes you feel the Spanish
2)WILSON STREET PANTRY - This is absolutely perfect for brunch. It's a really modern style little cafe right in the centre of merchant city that serves AMAZING PANCAKES and the most insane halloumi and red pepper toastie. Would recommend highly.
3) BRGR - Ok so this is when you're craving some fast junk food that's really going to fill you up. BRGR is a small burger joint in the west end which sells these MASSIVE burgers for £4 mon-fri. Try the halloumi burger.
4) ROASTERS DELI- All I can say are nutella stuffed pancakes and macaroni toasties. Period.
5) LAS IGUANAS - This is a Latin American restaurant which sells the best enchiladas in town. They also have a really big cocktail menu which I feel is very important for a good restaurant.
6) CITATION - A pretty classy joint with some good good food. It's the kind of place you would take your Mum and she'd be loving it.
7) October - It's actually more well known as being a cocktail bar however their food is really impressive. Located right at the top of Prince's square, it's quite a romantic little spot. My boyfriend actually took me for Valentines this year and it was a really lovely, chilled out place.
8) Juice Garden - This may be a smoothie bar but they serve the most incredible salads.
There are so many more I can think of but I thought I better stop there because now I am going to give you some of the Guru's recommendations (i.e the lovely Julia):
2) Kember & Jones
4) Singl-end Cafe
5) Ox and Finch
6) Hillhead Bookclub
7) Green Chilli Cafe
I hope these are of use to anyone looking for somewhere good to go :)